Should I Provide A Home Warranty
Home Warranties In A Nutshell
What are home warranties?
What are the beneifits to me?
What is a home warranty?
A home warranty plan is a service agreement that provides protection against the cost of unexpected wear and tear repairs or replacement of your property's major mechanical systems.
Does it matter if I have older appliances?
Whether your home’s mechanical systems and appliances are new or a hundred years old, they are covered as long as your systems and appliances are in good working order at the start of the contract period.
Why do I need a home warranty?
- The known cost of the warranty reduces budget concerns and minimizes the stress of household repairs and provides peace of mind.
- The average life expectancy of the nine critical home systems and appliances is 13 years. The likelihood of failure in a given year is 68%.
- The average replacement cost of a home system/appliance is $1,388.
- The average repair cost for a home system/appliance is $900.
- Our network of prescreened service technicians eliminates the yellow pages “hunt & pick” method for searching for a qualified contractor. It is simple to use when a covered system or appliance breaks down. The homeowner makes one call, and we help take care of the rest - Satisfaction is guaranteed!
- The homeowner can request service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- For home sellers - A Home Warranty will make the home more attractive to prospective buyers and possibly make the home sell more quickly.
- For home sellers - A Home Warranty provides peace of mind that they will not have to make expensive repairs just before turning the home over to the new owner.
- For home sellers - A Home Warranty can help to reduce after-sale liability.
- For home buyers - A Home Warranty provides the peace of mind that they will not get slammed with a major appliance repair shortly after taking ownership of the home.
How does a home warranty differ from homeowner’s insurance?
Your homeowner’s policy is designed to cover hazards in your home such as theft and specific disasters. A home warranty plan, on the other hand, provides coverage for repairs to mechanical systems or appliances that break down due to normal wear and tear. Our home warranty protection and your homeowner’s policy compliment each other and provide complete home coverage.
Home Warranty Coverage - Properties For Sale
A Coldwell Banker Home Protection Plan protects home sellers against possible repair or replacement costs on the home's mechanical systems and appliances while the home is on the market.
NOTE:There is nothing worse than having a major appliance fail while your home is on the market (or shortly after the contract is signed) and then have to dig in your pocket to replace an expensive appliance that you will never get to use.
In addition, a Coldwell Banker Home Protection Plan will provide coverage for the new owner of your home for one full year after the home is sold.
Studies show that homes, condominiums, town houses, etc., that provide a home warranty usually sell 15% faster than properties without and can often increase the appraisal value of the home. (Source: National Home Warranty Association).
A Coldwell Banker Home Protection Plan will make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if your home’s systems and appliances are “beyond their estimated useful life expectancies”.
NOTE:What concerns home buyers the most is the nagging fear that the home they are considering buying becoming a bottomless money pit of repairs and projects shortly after they buy it.
A Coldwell Banker Home Protection Plan helps to calm home buyers’ fears and provides prospective purchasers with the confidence that they will be buying a comfortable and reliable home for their family and NOT a bottomless money pit.
Bill Boeckelman Home Warranties
Bill Boeckelman Home Warranty Overview